Creamy Carrot-Coconut Soup
You’re not alone if you keep seeing coconut oil pop up everywhere you go. Over the last few years, it has increased in popularity and for good reason—it’s delicious, has great health benefits, and is so versatile. Today, we’re sharing a favorite recipe of ours that we love to make with our Little Jasmine© Coconut Oil! It’s the perfect transitionary food for fall because we still get a reminiscent touch of summer from the coconut.
· 3 tablespoons Little Jasmine© Coconut Oil
· 1 pound carrots, peeled, chopped
· 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
· 1 large onion, chopped
· 2 medium leeks, white and pale-green parts only, 1 chopped, 1 thinly sliced
· 2 garlic cloves, chopped
· 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled ginger
· Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
· 4 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
· 1 13.5-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
· Harissa sauce (for serving; optional)
1. Heat 1 tbsp. of Coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add carrots, apple, onion, chopped leek, garlic, and ginger. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook, stirring often, until vegetabables are beginning to soften. 5-7 min.
3. Add broth, coconut milk, and 1 cup water.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are very tender, 20-25 minutes.
5. Let cool and in batches, puree soup in a blender until smooth.
6. For crispy leeks, heat remaining 2 tbsp. coconut oil in a small skilled over medium-high heat. Add sliced leek and cook until golden and crisp, about 5 min.
7. Transfer to paper towels to drain and season with salt. Add them on top of soup.
Voila, an easy way to prepare a delicious dinner for 8, and only takes 40 minutes!