- Arroyo Kitchen
Homemade Hummus ft. Arroyo Kitchen Midnight Spice Sauce
Updated: Apr 7, 2022
- 1 can (15 oz) of chickpeas or 1.5 cups (250 g) of cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) well-stirred tahini
- 1 small glove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 2 to 3 tbsp water
- In the food processor, combine tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute.
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds.
- Add half the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute.
- Then add remaining chickpeas and process until thick and smooth ( 1 to 2 minutes).
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and top off with Arroyo Kitchen Midnight Spice Sauce and enjoy!
Where to buy Arroyo Kitchen Midnight Spice Sauce