Nori Rice Bowl w/ Tofu, Cucumber, and Avocado
Updated: Apr 7, 2022
For the Tofu:
- 14oz Firm Tofu
- 1 tbsp Neutral cooking oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp of Soy sauce or Tamari (or to taste)
- 1 tsp sriracha (optional)
For the Bowl:
- Nori sheet
- 2 to 3 cups of cooked rice (white or brown)
- 1 to 2 tsp of rice vinegar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- Cilantro or parsley
- Sesame seeds
- Cut the tofu into 1/2 in thick slices crosswise to get 6 slabs.
- Blot the tofu until dry with paper towels or tea towels.
- Cute each tofu slabs into dice.
- Slowly heat the oil, sweetener, and soy sauce together in a skillet.
- Add the tofu and stir quickly to coat the tofu.
- Saute over medium-high heat until the tofu is golden brown (around 10 minutes)
- Add more sweetener and soy sauce to taste. Add sriracha to taste (optional).
- Add rice vinegar and salt into rice and mix to make sushi rice.
- Cut nori into short narrow strips and mix it into the sushi rice. Leave some for garnish.
- Spoon seaweed sushi rice into a bowl, top with sliced cucumbers, diced avocados and tofu.
- Garish with seaweeds stripes and sesame. Enjoy!
Where to buy Little Jasmine Seaweed:
Vons, 99 Ranch and Albertsons.